Where Went Monday?

While I'm generally not opposed to seeing a Monday disappear, I'd prefer it to do so differently.

I had a reaction to something Sunday into Monday and awoke with my skin flared and the area surrounding my eyes looking as if I was either a burn victim or someone who had been crying for 48 hours non-stop, occasionally stopping to wipe my face with a rag soaked in a fairly strong acid. It's a situation that feels uncomfortable and is made worse by the thought of having to deal with people in person. I should keep a potato sack with an eyehole torn in it so I could deal with days like this the way John Merrick did. Well, or at least the way John Hurt did while portraying the tragic, historical figure. (Invoking Merrick does help put all of this in perspective, though. My problems are nothing compared to that.) Regardless, I had to go into work for a few hours to start the day to could clear out some reports and so the rest of the workday, and so I did. With luck there were no fires that popped up after I left.

So, while it wasn't the way I envisioned, I did manage to go to work on Monday and not run out for lunch somewhere.

We also had to arrange to have AAA take one of our vans down to a service station (which I also had to call and set things up with) to have a belt replaced -- and most likely a tensioner/pulley assembly looked at. Apparently they were prioritizing and reprioritizing their schedules around those who were broken down in dangerous situations and those who were, like us, were at home already and looking to have something moved to a mechanic. The first call to them was around 8:30 this morning, the last after 2 in the afternoon, and it was after 3 by the time someone came. So, word on the repair(s) will be part of Tuesday for me.

I have Central Mailer materials, not to mention a couple zines (I'm helping Anders out with his, too), to get out to Tim this week, as Tim's stepped up to take back on that role for 2005 for Legends APA. Letting this past weekend get away from me as it did was a poor move on my part.

Much to do, much to do...

I was pleased to see that a small suprise package I'd sent to H arrived today, as planned, as this is in the center of his three-day weekend. I've done a quick read-through of the recent posts there but haven't put any comments up. (The same goes for some other blogs.) I also owe some email, but that will likely fall on the far side of the APA obligations, ecspecially now that I'm back in the workweek.

Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of this blog and I probably won't have much time to note it then. I'm on enough antihisthamines at the moment that I don't trust my concentration, so I'll finish here for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need