Milestones

First off, congratulations to Tony Collett on both his 300th post and the first anniversary of his blog, which he's managed to note despite an ice storm-induced power failure that's been in effect at home for him since Wednesday! While I'm thinking of it, a very belated congratulations (because I'm not sure if I did it back when it was timely) to Mark Gibson, who's just over a third of the way towards his blog's second anniversary. Mark's current post hits the highs and lows of his holiday season as he, like so many of us, tries to shake off the post-holiday blues.

This led me to check a couple things on my blog. The easiest was the date of the first post, which happens to be February 1 of last year. I knew I started in February but didn't remember that it was the first of the month. (It makes sense, though, as it was a Sunday and I'm more inclined to look for diversions on a Sunday night, when I'm trying to deny the coming of the new work week.) Okay, so I have roughly 25 days until that anniversary. The next thing was to note the number of posts, which proved to be more of a problem. The behind-the-scenes counter has had a tendency to stick, with no apparent means of un-sticking it, and it had stopped back at 357. Fortunately, I'd noted post 301 (by naming it as such) and so had a point to count from. So, this one is #423. I'll likely be noting the post number from now on so that I don't have to backtrack and count up again.

Also, I want to point out that while the comments are open on all of my posts going back to the start of this blog, I don't have a reliable (though I'm checking on that) means of being alerted when someone posts a comment. So, if you happen to leave a comment on some entry that has scrolled off to another page (the current settings only keep the last 7 days on the front page) don't be afraid to leave a comment in the latest posting, bringing attention to your new comment on old business. It's likely the only way I'll know, and I'd hate to think that someone took the time to comment only to be inadvertently ignored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need