Slightly encouraged

Sure, Johnny looks much too old, Reed looks much too young, and a mutated Victor Von Doom strikes me as wrong, but the trailer for the Fantastic Four movie looks better than I'd expected. Yes, I know it's mostly an increasingly jump-cut series of action shots set to a percussive, not quite musical track, but Michael Chiklis looks good in that very early Kirby-inspired form of the Thing, and the effects at least look competent. Also, at least it's not being pitched as the action comedy that had been implied for so long. If it hangs together as a movie, internally consistent, that could be almost enough. Well, we'll see the weekend of July 1. (And, yes, I know the trailer's been showing before Elektra since this past weekend, but I haven't wanted to see the trailer that badly.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need