Okay, just one more football note
(after which I'll attempt to go back to ignoring it.)

We had channel 29 news on ("we" being my wife, who put it on and then promptly fell back asleep with the remote over near her -- I'd seldom intentionally put on FOX news) but while I was generally ignoring it some of it was creepin in in the periphery. One of the news-- whatever the hell the propaganda jockeys are on a Fox newscast are called -- was offering tips for people coming to the Big Game tomorrow, and he wandered into advice from some psychologist.

Part of the advice was to avoid letting memories of the countless times the Eagles have choked on the way to or during the championships by being aware of its influence and working against it. In the rush to warn against allowing some reversals in the game tap into those bad memories and start a downward spiral for both the fans and the players, a peculiar suggestion was made: Cheer more loudly when things go wrong.

Now, sure, I understand the sentiment and loose logic behind it, but isn't it going to send a strange message to the players if the fans get up and cheer every time they fumble, have a pass intercepted, have their quarterback sacked, etc? Think of the swell of pride one gets when one trips and spills something and someone says, with gusto, "Way to go!"

Oh, yeah. That'll do the trick.

I should keep my headset on and plugged in while I'm at the keyboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need