Departed Spirit

Just a quick note to pass along news that Spirit creator and legendary comics artist/writer Will Eisner died last night, Monday, January 3, 2005, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at the age of 87, following complications from quadruple heart bypass surgery. (No sooner had I posted this when I checked my email to find that Dwight Williams was letting me know this, too. He passed along this link on Eisner's death which covers the sweep of the man's career.)

I'm pressed for time now, but I'll revise this and expand on it sometime tonight. The web will likely be awash with material by the end of the day. (Update: Actually, once I added the link Dwight sent me that pretty much covered it, though, as is usual in such situations, Mark Evanier has something good - well, as good as one can expect under the circumstances - to add to the situation. Okay... I just had to add a link to Neil Gaiman who had two posts (this one and this one) come out today sparked by news of Esiner's death. Also, Peter David kept it short and heartfelt, and in the process reminded me - as Dwight did in his email this morning - that Hugo Award-winning illustrator Kelly Freas - or this one, with a different focus on his work, that Abbygal dug up - has also been part of the start of 2005 losses.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need