Rededication

Something I've periodically wrestled with since starting a blog in 2004 is focus.

Okay, I should be clearer than that, as I plainly have difficulty focusing on most things these days...

For most matters the focus of the blog isn't an issue for me -- I don't really care if someone's put off because I get into a jag of writing about Heroclix, movies or pop culture and then do a comics post or two and some reader is only interested in one of those things. Screw 'em, says I.

However, my impression is that the political posts seem desperately out of place, or at least as much likely to be taken seriously, if it's bookended by ones about superheroes or monsters.

So, while I've done very little with it so far, Turn This Bus Around! is where I'll be putting anything with a clear political emphasis from now on... until I change my mind.

Comments

SuperWife said…
I suppose two blogs isn't too much. Thanks for pointing me there. I'll be sure to add it to my favorites!

A blog has to have focus, huh...;) Novel idea...
Mike Norton said…
Heh. Yeah, it's something I've resisted for all this time, but while I don't mind having this blog be one that doesn't fit someone's idea of what it should be all the time I found myself, again and again, at least believing that I was diluting the importance of the political notes and signposts by sandwiching them between trivialities.

I may do no better with the messages over there, but at least since it'll have a focus someone who comes by will know what to expect.

So far I'm not seeing anything more ambitious over there than links couched in leading paragraphs, but maybe I'll aspire to better pieces.

Meanwhile, maybe I'll be able to make this blog a little more fun for me to do. If it'll read any better I can't say, but I do know that political messages can definitely put people off their fun.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes