Some Expensive Pussy

Through the miracle of genetics...

... hypoallergenic cats for a mere $3,950.

I must admit, the display cat looks very nice.

Of immediate interest to me was whether the biotech firm Allerca has achieved this purely through selective breeding, as the brief news release claims, of if they did any direct genetic tinkering. In their Development section they dance around the edge of the issue, referring to "proprietary genetic technologies" but leans on the process as one of detection -- and so apparently uses this as an indicator, using that information to determine the selective breeding program.

Comments

SuperWife said…
Just wanted to note that, as cheap a shot as it was, reading the title of this post made me laugh yesterday. And that was definitely something. Thanks for sharing the link.

We're still not getting a cat, Highlander. Don't even start. Yeah, it's hypoallergenic (which addresses the immediate problem with one of the kids), but the cat costs a fortune! We'll get a free kitten when the time is right.
Mike Norton said…
You're very welcome.

That was about as high-functioning as I was at the time, I'm afraid, and it struck me as one of the rare times I'd have to use that phrase, so I went for it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes