SNAP!

Okay, I had no idea when it would get here, but today turned out to be the day. There's a new Supernova REV sneak peak up today, and I know it's for Hyperion, so this is some minor deity smiling on me and providing me with a distraction. It's "Snap" Wilson, another variant of the Falcon.

This is the version with hard light wings. Don't ask me when someone gave Sam Wilson hard light wings, but the tech to allow that and still keep him light (no pun intended) enough to fly... I'm guessing he went back to T'Challa and more of that Wakanda tech for the upgrade. I guess he picked up some ranged attack capability in the same move, as Snap has a Range of 6, which is a handy extra.

We have a nicely dynamic dial in this 60 pt version.
He starts and ends with clicks of Charge, but on his third and fourth clicks he gets down on the ground, his Speed (understandably) drops, he picks up Combat Reflexes and Close Combat Expert, because you don't train and fight alongside Captain America and not get that kind of training. (The piece's online write-up, however, attributes it to a "shift in the configuration of his Hard Light wings", but my explanation makes more sense so I'll stick with that.

A solid 7-click dial, even if on his last click he only has that Attack Value of 7. Even at that stage he has an 8 Speed and Willpower, so he can get out of danger and off to relative safety.

So, between the ranged attack option (which for all I know could be there just to simulate his pet falcon, Redwing, being there with him), and the Earthbound/Combat Reflexes/Close Combat Expert he's well-distinguished from his REV versions. He's only three points more than the 57 pt Veteran version, and unless I was stuck for those 3 points I'd go with Snap.

I just wouldn't keep calling him "Snap."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes